ForwardXP is happy to call Dallas, TX home! While Dallas has all the luxuries a big metropolitan city has to offer, it’s vast square footage gives it a more relaxed and spacious feel.
Whether you are in the heart of downtown or on the city outskirts you will never run out of fun activities, delicious food, and new places to discover! We have a unique culture and art scene, widely loved sports teams, beautiful parks and lakes, and friendly locals brimming with southern hospitality.
Hungry for some authentic TX BBQ or tacos so good you could cry? We got you covered.
Favorite Food Picks
- BBQ – Pecan Lodge. Make sure you go in with an empty stomach, because between the handmade jalapeno sausage, mouth-watering massive 1lb beef ribs, smokey brisket, and tons of to-die-for sides you’re going to want to order it all! (pecanlodge.com)
- Traditional Tacos – El Come Taco. El Come brings Mexico City to Dallas with delectable and authentic tacos, you really can’t go wrong with anything on the menu! (http://elcometaco.com)
- Creative Tacos – Velvet Taco. Their entire menu stretches the definition of “taco” by exploring funky options, like their Chicken Tikka Masala taco and their Falafel taco! (velvettaco.com)
- Pizza – Cane Rosso. Everyone needs a to-go pizza joint, and with freshly pulled mozzarella and never frozen dough, it’s easy to see why Cane Rosso serves some of the best wood-fired pizza in TX. (canerosso.com)
- Steak – Knife. With so much cattle in the state, steak is a pretty big deal. Knife is constantly on the list for Dallas’ Best Steaks and they even have a 60 day dry-aged bone-in sirloin on the menu! (knifedallas.com)
Are you a culture buff or want to broaden your horizons with some artsy outings? Dallas has some amazing places to indulge your classy side.
Favorite Art Picks
- Perot Museum – Dallas’ Nature and Science Museum, great for children– but they also have a monthly themed “Adult Night” where adults are free to roam the exhibits with a beverage. (www.perotmuseum.org)
- Dallas Museum of Art – The DMA is among the 10 largest art museums in the country and always has fascinating exhibits and community events. (dma.org)
- Nasher Sculpture Center – Beautifully laid out, this museum features a large collection of modern and contemporary sculptures. (nashersculpturecenter.org)
- Winspear Opera House – Gather with friends to watch some of the best musical performances that come through Dallas. In addition to the mainstage performances, Winspear also hosts a variety of concerts and special events! (dallasopera.org)
Dallas is bustling with activities no matter which area you are in! With the city being so large, we picked out a couple of fun neighborhoods we think you should check out!
A Few Dallas Area Neighborhoods
- Addison – While not technically in Dallas-proper, this city just north of Dallas (and close to our studio) is host to several big events throughout the year like Kaboom Town on the 4th of July, and Oktoberfest in September. It also has a wide array of restaurants, bars, and entertainment! (addisontexas.net)
- Bishop Arts – This quaint neighborhood has over 60 independent boutiques, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and art galleries! It is definitely a hidden gem in Dallas. (bishopartsdistrict.com)
- Deep Ellum – This historic and vibrant neighborhood is full of street murals, tasty restaurants, over 50 bars, ample live music, craft breweries and distilleries, and unique shops. (deepellumtexas.com)
- Design District – Upscale and eclectic, this neighborhood is home to art galleries, fine dining, interior design showrooms, and new luxury apartments. (dallasdesigndistrict.com)
- Lakewood – A great family neighborhood with a close-knit community that runs along White Rock Lake and still close to the city center. (neighborhoods.dmagazine.com/dallas/east-dallas/lakewood)
- Lower Greenville – Known by many to be the “entertainment district”. This neighborhood features many of Dallas’ well-known bars and restaurants, as well as several theatres, museums, and entertainment venues. (neighborhoods.dmagazine.com/dallas/east-dallas/lower-greenville)
- Trinity Grove – One of the newly renovated areas with an unbeatable view of downtown. This neighborhood took off when they launched the Restaurant Concept Incubator program which inspires chefs and restaurateurs to innovate and create new dining experiences. A great area when you’re hungry, but not sure what you want!